Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Newport Beach 2017

By far my absolute favorite thing this summer was our trip to Newport Beach.  We are making it a family tradition and going every year in July.  Hopefully when my kids are older and out of the house, they'll still come back every year with us on this trip!  It was so much fun!  We rented a house for a week that was right on the beach.  Amazing.  My parents came with us this year, which was also  amazing!
On the way down Trey kept saying his stomach hurt.  I didn't really think much of it, but then he started crying and saying it really hurt.  I took him out of his car seat for a second and he threw up all over himself and me!  Thank goodness it was mostly on us and not the car.  So gross.  We tried to wash off as best we could in a gas station bathroom.  Poor guy! 
My kids NEVER sleep in the car.I was shocked when I looked back and Trey and Miss Julie knocked out.  It lasted for about 10 minutes. 
We made it!!!
Our first night there was Trey Man's 3rd birthday!  Nothing Bundt cake has THE BEST cakes!  
Cutest little stinks all ready for church.
The Newport temple is right across the street from the church we went to in the morning.  So pretty! 
My kids LOVE ferris wheels. 
Riding the ferry boat to Balboa Island. 

I love that each if my kids has their own skin tone and hair texture.  So amazing.  Of course Cruz and Kash are identical...but ya know what I mean.
I love this place.
Walking down the pier was a perfect ending to an amazing first day!
First day at the beach!
Grandma buried Julie in the sand.

Love this boy. 
Such a little mamas boy.
My mom is seriously amazing. She has so much energy and my kids just ADORE her!
The house we rented had boogie boards for the kids.



Playing with Grandma.  She was giving everyone rides on the boogie board.
Headed back to the house for lunch.
I can't even count the number of times we were asked if they were quads.  Lol.  
And don't mind Trey picking his nose.  haha..
Matching flamingos.
Our friends go down to Newport every year (which inspired us to go this year).  They have been going as a family for like 30 years.  Such a cool tradition - that we are now stealing.  :)  Such a great group of people.  If you know the Parker's - you LOVE them! 
We randomly saw that my favorite comedian was performing in Irvine so we raced over and caught the last half of his show.
Can we just stay here forever?!



My little tan babies. 

We took the trolley to Laguna Beach for some AMAZING gelato. 

So fun having friends in Newport too! Seriously the nest group.
Some of the most amazing girls you will ever meet. 
Such a workout riding this with 7 people. 


No naps for a week = cranky kiddos.  But they seemed to get a second wind and we still had fun.  TK Burger is a must if you're ever in Newport.  So yummy!
Best buds.  
And of course had to stop by Blockheads on the way back to Clovis.  Our first annual trip to Newport was one I will never forget.  The kids had SO much fun.  

No comments: