Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We traveled to Palmdale this year for Thanksgiving.  Traveling with 4 kids 19 months and under is hard.  My kids don't really do well in the car past an hour.  Palmdale is three hours away, so the last two hours are filled with fussing, which leads to me getting in the back seat to hand them toys or snacks, which leads to them throwing everything on to the floor and me getting car sick.  It's super fun.  I always tell Curtis I'll drive and he can get in the back seat, but somehow he always beats me to the drivers seat and I get stuck in the back.  Trey was a rock star and was happy and/or sleeping the whole drive (thank goodness)!  Regardless of how many days you spend away from home, you still need SO much stuff.  FOUR pack-n-plays, sound machines, blankets, wagon, bottles, clothes, diapers for four kids, wipes, toys, snacks, etc.  Our car was packed!  All in all it was completely worth it.  Spending time with family is always great.  

We had Thanksgiving dinner down in Rancho Cucamonga at Curtis' Aunt JoAnn's house.  The food was delicious.  Seriously one of the best turkey's I've had in a long time.  Curtis' Aunt thought of everything.  She bought my kids little juice water bottles knowing they probably couldn't drink from a cup very well yet.  I don't know why, but that meant so much to me.  It's the little things.  She is the sweetest!  She even got them tons of hair products (since I'm still pretty clueless of how to manage their hair).  I'll learn though.  :)  Curtis' family is so thoughtful!  

Stephanie (Curtis' sister) and her husband Rodney flew in from Atlanta.  They flew in that morning and flew out that night.  Crazy right?!  It was so good to see them, even if it was for just a couple hours.  :) 
 I seriously have so much to be thankful for! 


Cruz & Grandpa Brown

No comments: