Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Two Years To Kim And Curtis!

Two years!!  I can't believe it's already been two years.  :)  So...Curtis is not the best planner or surpriser...but he sure did a FANTASTIC job with our two year anniversary.  He had to work down in St. George that week so he wanted me to go down with him since I didn't have any classes.  I thought..oh cool...St. George will be a fun place to spend our anniversary...somewhere different than good ol' Provo.  So we got down there on the 11th and just went to dinner and hung out with my cousin Desiree and Zeek.  The next day Curtis went to work and I just hung out in the hotel and got ready.  When he got back at about 3:oopm he told me to pack our bags because we were leaving.  (Surprise #1) We drove down to Las Vegas!!  He had planned to stay the night at the Planet Hollywood.  (Surprise #2)  When we got there the lady at the front desk upgraded our room and extra $400 to the Roger Clemens panorama room.  Can you say AMAZING!?!  1200 sq ft and an amazing view!!   He made reservations a few weeks ago at the restaurant on top of the Stratosphere.  (Surprise #3)  One time when we were dating we went to Vegas and really wanted to go to that restaurant but we didn't know you had to make reservations that far in advance...so it was perfect for our anniversary.  The food was extremely expensive and not the best, but the view was perfect.  :)  We probably won't ever go back, but it was still a fun experience.  The next day we drove to San Diego to go on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas!!!!  Just one more surprise Curtis pulled off!!  :)  (Surprise #4)
This is what I woke up to at the hotel on our anniversary!!  Curtis put them in front of the door, knocked and ran.  Haha...  I thought the maid left them there. 

My favorite part of the room!...well the tub and the view :)  


The room was absolutely amazing!!  It was filled with Roger Clemens memorabilia.  (Mitch...you would have loved it!) 

Here's us "On Top Of The World" (that's the name of the restaurant)


It was kinda windy up there :) 
Amazing view from our room!!!!
On our way to San Diego we stopped at the state line and road the roller coaster!  :)  We have never been on a roller coaster together.  Curtis is kind of scared of heights...oh my gosh...it was HILARIOUS!!  He was holding onto my arm so tight and I marks from his wristband when we got off.  He was screaming like a little girl the entire two and a half minutes.  The teenage girls in front of us kept looking back and laughing.  It was SO funny!!  I wish I had a video camera.




5 comments:

Leo said...

good job curtis! that is really cool. dane isn't the greatest surpriser or planner...hmmm..so he has hope still. how was cabo? the room looks like so much fun too. very cool. happy anniversary. i still remember you coming to volleyball the first time and you had been married for a month! great job on the A too. i've heard horror stories on anatomy classes.

Mitch said...

I would have loved that room. Who would have thought. I've never even heard of it. So fun & cool pics. Curtis - I'm very impressed with the whole thing... and I hope Jill never reads Kim's blog. Ha!

The Dabo's said...

I am extremely proud of Curtis. It looked so fun! So you didn't ride the coaster on top of the Stratasphere? That one is freaky! Those were the good ol' days when you didn't have to worry about kids. Don't get me wrong, we do our fair share of vacationing but it's different and there's definitly no surprise involved. Curtis will have to give Tyler some tips for next year....

Andrea said...

Okay. I seriously can't believe u two have been married two years. I still remember your text telling me you were engaged (I even rememnber I was in Newport)...anyway, congrats. Wish we lived closer so we could see each other!

Chelsea said...

Kim, it's Chelsea Mahuika. HOLY COW, Curtis really knows how to do it right! Maybe you could have him call Kyle and give him some pointers (hahah). I cannot even imagine...seriously, I CANNOT even remotely imagine. Looks like you guys had a great time.