Friday, August 29, 2014

My Thoughts On Delivery...

I've obviously never had a vaginal birth, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I can tell you a c-section is pretty brutal.  I thought I'd bounce back really fast and be back in the gym after a couple weeks.  Yea, not so much!  I guess I didn't really think about my abdominal muscles being severed in half.  It definitely takes time for those muscles to heal.  The first 7 days were the worst.  I felt like I was walking hunched over the whole time because standing up straight just pulled the incision even more.  I probably should have stayed in the hospital the full 5 days instead of leaving after 2 nights.  I thought I just wanted to be home in my own bed, but quickly realized how nice it was to have side rails and a bed that moved up and down.  Getting out of bed was a struggle without pulling on side rails.  It's been 5 weeks and I'm finally starting to feel a little more normal.  I'm sure my stomach will never be the same…we'll see.  I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but my stomach is just different.  I feel like my muscle has completely disappeared.  I can't even flex my stomach or suck it in.  It's really weird.  My incision doesn't hurt, it's more the space above my incision and my right side muscles feel like they are pulled.  I also have this little bulge above my incision.  It's really cute.  

Seeing Trey for the first time makes everything completely worth it.  It's crazy how much you can love someone you just met.  What's even more crazy is it was EXACTLY the same feelings I had when I met Cruz, Kash, and Julie.  Carrying your baby or not carrying your baby does not matter at all.  I thought carrying my own baby would be completely different, but it wasn't.  I remember the feelings I had walking back into the NICU for the first time and being able to hold my babies.  I was smitten from the beginning.  I think it helped being so involved throughout the pregnancy and being able to be at every ultrasound.  You fall in love early on and it just continues to grow - whether or not you are actually carrying the baby or not.  I obviously loved feeling Trey move around, but that doesn't make you love the baby any more or less.  

To read My Thoughts On Pregnancy…click here

1 comment:

The Dabo's said...

Brings back memories, especially getting out of bed! That was a killer! But I'm glad I actually can relate to other's that have C-sections. It's not fun but totally worth a healthy baby!