Friday, November 8, 2013

Best Bread Hands Down

My mom makes the BEST bread ever!  I've never been much of a baker, but this bread is pretty much fail proof.  My kind of recipe.  Easy and delicious.  

Ingredients: 
1 1/4 cup warm milk (microwave for 1 minute)
2 T sugar
2 tsp yeast
2 T softened butter
1 tsp salt
1 egg
3 cups flour


Microwave the milk for one minute.


Dump all the ingredients into the bread machine. 
Set your bread machine to dough and let it do all the work. 
After an hour and a half...sprinkle out some flour and dump dough on top. 

Roll dough into a rectangle, about an inch thick. 

Use your handy dandy pizza cutter and cut into three equal pieces.  Mine aren't very equal, but it still works.  
Braid!  Fold ends under. 
Place on greased cookie sheet.  Set oven to 350 degrees F - let dough rise while oven is preheating.  Bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown. 

SOOOOOOO YUMMY!
This bread is great for about 2-3 days (in my opinion).  Fresh is best.  After that it is good as toast or french toast.  Seriously - so good!  Mmmmm....

3 comments:

The Dabo's said...

Mmmmm.... I completely agree! I miss my 3 months of yummy food everyday.

Notes From Nessa said...

Hands Down THEEEE BEST bread EVER! Now if I can convince Ty to get me a bread maker:)

The Tews said...

YUM. I just printed the recipe...looks like I will be buying myself a bread maker for Christmas!