Wednesday, July 10, 2013

3 Months

I can't believe our sweet babies are 3 months old already!!  Crazy.  The boys are smiling so much and have even started cooing.  Julie has been smiling from birth.  I have nothing to compare them to, but they seem like pretty content babies (we got super lucky). They eat about 4oz every 3 hours during the day and then a 4-5oz bottle before bed.  They are awake more during the day and have started sleeping better at night too.  They used to go to bed at 9:30pm and wake up to feed at 2am, 6am, and 9:30am.  This past week and a half they have gone to bed at 9:30pm and woken up at 5am then 9:30am.  Cutting out that 2am feeding is a lifesaver.  I'm a BIG believer in the book Baby Wise.  I don't follow it EXACTLY (it would be impossible with triplets), but I do my best and it has seemed to work with my babies.
Enfamil sent us 18 cans of free formula.  We switched from Similac to Enfamil and the babies started having projectile vomit at least once or twice a day.  They've done it in the past with Similac too, but not nearly as often.  It was SO annoying.  I'd spend 30 minutes feeding one baby only to have him throw up the entire bottle, get his clothes dirty, spit-up in my hair (one time down my shirt and pooled in my bra), etc. Then I'd have to clean him up, re-dress him, make a new bottle, and feed him over again while my other two babies were waiting to be fed.  NOT FUN.  So we stopped using the FREE formula and started them on Enfamil AR which is specifically for spitting up and it has seemed to help. It has added rice which makes the formula thicker and keeps it down.  We'll see... 

::CRUZ::
Weight - 12 lb 1 oz
Height - 23.5 in
Cruz is such a sweet baby.  He has started smiling, talking, cooing a lot lately when you talk to him or touch his chin.  He loves tummy time, but also likes to be on his back and look around.  He's getting strong and can lift his head really well.  He doesn't really like his bouncy seat or swing for too long.  He usually does pretty well in his carseat.  He loves to be held and be outside.  He has a small red birthmark on his lower back.  He wears 0-3 month clothes.  They are all in size 1 diapers right now until we use them up, then they'll all be in size 2. 



 ::KASH::
Weight - 11 lb 14 oz
Height - 22.5 in
(I think they measured wrong. His leg looked bent, but oh well)
Kash is Mr. Mellow.  He is by far the best in the carseat.  He is also smiling, talking, and cooing a ton.  He is becoming more alert.  I love seeing his bright eyes.  He is getting so strong and can lift his head for a while.  He loves to be swaddled and put in the swing.  He also loves tummy time or being put on his back to look around.  The boys still like their binkies.  He loves to be held and be outside.  He has a small brown birthmark on his left leg and two white spots on the side of his head.  I thought they were bald spots at first but they are blonde patches of hair.  You'll always be able to tell the boys apart if it stays like that.  He also wears 0-3 months clothes and size 2 diapers. 




 ::JULIE::
Weight - 11 lb 3 oz
Height - 22 in
Julie is Miss Smiley.  Her smile lights up the room.  She's been smiling from Day 1 and has just gotten more and more smiley.  She talks and coos when you talk to her.  The boys have passed her up in weight.  She's more squishy and petite - you just want to squeeze her.  She has the best leg rolls.   She is the best sleeper.  She doesn't really like her binkie so she just pacifies herself to sleep.  She's the most alert.  She also is getting so strong and can lift her head up really well.  She HATES her carseat.  She has the loudest cry.  She always has her toenails painted.  She loves to be swaddled and in her bouncy seat.  She also loves to be held and be outside.  She has a large white birthmark across her tummy.  She wears some newborn and 0-3 month clothes and size 2 diapers.




Cruz, Julie & Kash



I can't imagine my life without these three.  We love them so much!!  

7 comments:

Little Beachs said...

Adorable!! I love seeing pictures of them.
I agree that once they skip the early morning feeding life changes!
Q had to get surgery for his spit up issue so I totally get the pooling in the bra issue!!

Makes for good laughs later on!

The Dabo's said...

Ugh. That's the formula Liv and Drew were on. It really does make a difference but just expensive! Love all those cute birthmarks!

Alice Anne said...

Ugh, projectile vomit x3! Not fun! I definitely hope the new formula makes it better. You wear motherhood so well. I'm so happy for you and your 3 month olds! Holy cow! :)

Notes From Nessa said...

They are just too cute and Julie's smile gets me every time. I miss them:)

Unknown said...

I can't believe they are already ready for size 2 diapers! Thanks for posting that, I have no idea what sizes to stock up on. Julie's smile made me laugh out loud it's just so big & cute. They are just beautiful. I always tear up while reading your posts and am taking lots of mental notes. I'm just so happy for you, keep up the great work! xoxo

Desiree said...

They are such a cute bunch!

Unknown said...

All three babies are amazing. I like all the pics. Just want to hug them and kiss them so cute babies u have.
Surrogacy in India