Friday, December 21, 2012

Accutane

I took the plunge.  I went to the dermatologist again and discussed the option of Accutane.  I asked him what he would do if he was me.  He said he would recommend doing a low dose Accutane - 40mg every other day - and see how it goes.  The low dose has less side effects and works over a longer course.  I have been on different creams, antibiotics (Minocycline), birth control, etc and my skin still freaks out when I do fertility treatments.  It usually semi-clears up over time, but never goes back to "normal".
I have never been scared to get pregnant - until now.  This box made is CLEAR not to get pregnant while taking Accutane.  It's written EVERYWHERE on the box.  


And if you can't read - there are little prego women crossed out when you pop out each pill. 



You have to take a PLEDGE to use 2 forms birth control.  I asked if 6 failed cycles of invitro worked as one form.  They said no. 
I've been on it for about 2 weeks now.  My skin is pretty dry and I've already had 3 nose bleeds. I haven't had a bloody nose in forever!  The Dr. said it's pretty common since your skin is getting so dry. I took before pics...so we'll see how it goes. 

No comments: