Sunday, November 11, 2012

Team Babies - 11 Weeks 1 Day

We had our 11 week appointment a couple days ago and things looked great!  There's a membrane between Baby A and Baby B!!!! If any of you have had identical twins you know how important the membrane is.  If they split into identical twins after Day 8 of fertilization they become Monochorionic/Monoamniotic twins and are in the same amniotic sac.  There's up to a 50% mortality rate with this type of twins because they can get entangled in each others umbilical cords.  Our identical twins must have split sometime between Day 5-8 and are Monochorionic/Diamniotic twins.  They are in separate amniotic sacs, but share they same placenta.  There still are complications that can arise in the future, but at least we got around the first milestone!  
We met with a different Dr. this time and totally loved him!  We'll see him again at our next appointment in 3 weeks. Here's some pics of the kiddos.
 Baby A
 Baby B
 Baby C
All THREE! So dang cute!

6 comments:

Fosters said...

So happy to hear there is a membrane! I didn't want to ask on your instagram. We're praying for you guys, seriously so excited for you!

Josh and Megan said...

Sooooooo happy Kim!!!! I'm so happy for miracles!!! We love you guys!

Alice Anne said...

I didn't know there were so many different ways identical twins could form! I'm gonna have to go look all this up! Sooooo glad everything looks good!

Alice Anne said...

I didn't know there were so many different ways identical twins could form! I'm gonna have to go look all this up! Sooooo glad everything looks good!

Alice Anne said...

I didn't know there were so many different ways identical twins could form! I'm gonna have to go look all this up! Sooooo glad everything looks good!

Bobbi Simkins said...

Hi! You don't know me :) but I am a friend of jamie's. We went to high school together. I found your blog through her's. My husband and I have struggled with infertility as well. We are on our 5th round of IVF. We even did our first 2 with Marrs. You are so lucky you have Jamie! I'm glad things are looking good. 3 babies is so exciting!! Best wishes with everything. Your story helps me know I am not alone in this journey and gives me hope for round 5!