Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Team Baby - Trigger Shot

Update:
Last night I went out to dinner with a group of girls from my ward.  It was so much fun!  We seriously have such a great ward. At exactly 9:00pm I had to give myself my "trigger shot"...so I snuck away to the bathroom to shoot up  :)  Exactly 36 hours later - you go in for egg retrieval. 

There was a worker in the bathroom with me that had this weird face like "What the heck is this girl doing?"  It was pretty funny. 
The Novarel shot helps make your eggs get plump and healthy and also triggers the release of mature eggs from the follicles.  You have to be careful to have the retrieval done before the 36 hour mark, or else this shot will make you ovulate all these eggs and there will be nothing left to show for all your blood, sweat, and tears. (Literally, you will give all of these things.) 
I had my last blood draw today to make sure the "trigger shot" worked correctly.  Usually there would be one more blood draw in a couple weeks to confirm pregnancy - but that one will be ALL Jamie!  :)     
These eggs are getting Cafe Rio tonight as their last meal with their mama haha..  I can't eat anything after midnight tonight - in preparation for surgery tomorrow morning to have them all removed.
I found this heads up penny today - which I thought was a good sign right?! :)  Wish us all luck! 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Heads up TOTALLY means good luck!!!! xoxox

The Dabo's said...

Lucky number seven!!!