Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's 2012

Curtis and I had a great New Year's this year. It started off at the BYU basketball game vs USD. A few months ago we met this kid Adam from West Ridge Academy in Salt Lake. He's been through a lot in his life and had such an inspiring story. We wanted to do something cool for him so we invited him and his friends to the BYU game. It was a lot of fun!

After the game we headed to Outback Steakhouse for dinner then to a friends house for fun and games! We got home at 11:45pm, just in time to watch the ball drop together :) I had to work the next morning at 8am. At 4:30am I was tossing and turning in bed with the worst stomach ache. Curtis asked if I was ok and I sat up and threw up everywhere. It was pretty awesome. I felt like I was 6 years old again and couldn't make it to the toilet. It was pretty much the worst thing ever. I threw up a couple more times. I immediately called in sick to work, but I guess they have this policy that you have to call in at least 6 hours prior to your shift and you can't call in sick on a holiday. So I had to go to work anyway. Right when I get there the charge nurse said I looked horrible and sent me home... Other than the whole throwing up thing, it was a fun night :)

3 comments:

The Dabo's said...

Hahahahahaha! Oh my gosh that is so funny! I would not know what to do if I threw up in my bed!

PS. You didn't change the date or time again!

The Pearson's said...

OH EMM GEEE! I am so sorry to hear that! You POOOR thing! You work too hard! Like they don't let you have work off if your pukking all over the place..but good thing you got to go home anyway! Sorry I missed you and didn't get to say goodbye! But hopefully Ill see and yur family real real soon!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

:)
maia