Friday, April 3, 2009

When It Rains...It Pours!

So...after over 2 1/2 years of marriage...Curtis and I decided to buy BRAND NEW couches.  We have been searching for months and finally found some that we really liked...both look and price.  :)  We opted to pay a little extra for this stain protection warranty...but skimp on the delivery fee and just go pick them up ourselves.  Curtis borrowed his friends truck and went up last Saturday to Salt Lake to get them.  It took two workers to put them in the back of the truck.  Curtis calls me on his way home once he got on the I-215.  I told him I was taking my nephews to a 3D movie at Thanksgiving Point.  Two seconds later he screams...Oh SH**!! The couch flew out the back!!  I was like...WHAT!?!  He said he had to go and he would call me back later.  I was freaking out...but still went to the movies.  I text him...are they ruined? He text back...Not sure yet.  So he pulls off to the side of the road and this van pulls over with him to help him get the couch out of the middle of the freeway.  Some truck parked behind the couch and put on his flashers so no one would hit it.  Curtis puts his car in reverse to go back and get the couch....starts going in reverse...and HITS the van behind him (the guy that pulled over to HELP him).  He gets out of his car to apologize.  The guy said, "Don't worry about it.  It looks like you are already having a bad day." Curtis told him he felt really bad and wanted to pay for the damages.  So the guy gave him his name and number and told him to call sometime next week for the price.  So finally...they got the couch out of the road...and to make matters worse...this highway patrol man pulls over and writes Curtis a ticket for not properly tying down his cargo.  OMG!!!  You just have to laugh right?!? haha...  After the movie was over I came home to see the damages.  It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The right corner of the love seat had some road rash...and there was a rip in the back.  When they are against the wall it isn't too bad.  Ashley Furniture is send out a tech guys to see if he can semi-fix it.  We'll see.  :) 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

you need to post pictures of the road rash damage!! : )

The Pearson's said...

POOR GUY!!! Chan and I just read this together! This is quite the story! I can only imagine how frustrating that would have been! My mom and Ken had to learn the hard way when transporting furniture. They lost a big chair on the freeway that she bought for her spa. You have to tie everything down! No bueno! LOL Well I hope everything is fine! Thanks for going with us yesterday!

Katie Hodgkiss said...

OH MY GOSH-- okay I am sure it is not so funny for you, but that really is so funny. That is just about as bad as it gets...

Chelsea said...

OH NO, that is terrible. I cannot imagine. Glad you guys are taking it in stride and have a sense of humor. I think I would have died.